Skip to main content

Do I Take the Living Water?

Culture
United States
Started March 13, 2026

Do I Take the Living Water? I have been thirsty of late. I haven’t known what for exactly, but when I read this week’s Lenten Sunday readings, about the Samaritan woman at the well, her desire for living water, I thought: Yes, that, exactly. In many ways, this isn’t surprising. My day job is at an immigration legal-service provider, and I spend a lot of the rest of my time volunteering with an immigration bond fund. As I drafted this reflection, three bond requests I submitted were rejected b...

Source Articles

Do I Take the Living Water?

Commonweal (United States) | Mar 07, 2026

Need to find a specific claim? Search all statements.
🗳️ Join the conversation
5 statements to vote on • Your perspective shapes the analysis
📊 Progress to Consensus Analysis Need: 7+ participants, 20+ votes, 3+ votes per statement
Participants 0/7
Statements (10+ recommended) 5/10
Total Votes 0/20
💡 Progress updates live here. Final readiness is confirmed when all three requirements are met.

Your votes count

No account needed — your votes are saved and included in the consensus analysis. Create an account to track your voting history and add statements.

CLAIM Posted by will • Mar 13, 2026
The story of the Samaritan woman can serve as a metaphor for understanding our own thirst for justice and compassion in society.
Vote options for this statement: agree, disagree, or unsure
Vote to see results
CLAIM Posted by will • Mar 13, 2026
Providing living water—figuratively speaking—is crucial for building community resilience among immigrant populations in today's society.
Vote options for this statement: agree, disagree, or unsure
Vote to see results
CLAIM Posted by will • Mar 13, 2026
Access to living water symbolizes the essential human need for hope and support, especially for marginalized communities like immigrants.
Vote options for this statement: agree, disagree, or unsure
Vote to see results
CLAIM Posted by will • Mar 13, 2026
While the idea of living water is inspiring, it risks oversimplifying the complex legal and emotional struggles faced by immigrants.
Vote options for this statement: agree, disagree, or unsure
Vote to see results
CLAIM Posted by will • Mar 13, 2026
Focusing on symbolic interpretations of living water can distract from the immediate, practical needs of immigrants facing legal challenges.
Vote options for this statement: agree, disagree, or unsure
Vote to see results

💡 How This Works

  • • Add Statements: Post claims or questions (10-500 characters)
  • • Vote: Agree, Disagree, or Unsure on each statement
  • • Respond: Add detailed pro/con responses with evidence
  • • Consensus: After enough participation, analysis reveals opinion groups and areas of agreement

Society Speaks is open and independent. Your support keeps civic discussion free from advertising and commercial influence.

Support us